Thursday, October 3, 2019

10th Anniversary Team Reflections: Andrew Hughes

One of the most fulfilling experiences I have had since joining the LiDAR group full time in 2012 has been training our new team members. It gives me good insight into how everyone interprets data – which I had never realized could be so different from one technician to the next. I enjoy analyzing a team member’s skillset and tailoring effective communication with each in their own “LiDAR language”.


Helping others continues to drive me to look for a fresh perspective when handling my own production responsibilities and makes me a better supervisor and analyst; however, the big payoff in personal satisfaction comes when they succeed and in turn can move into more productive roles and tackle more complicated tasks. 

Ultimately, I’m looking to put our LiDAR group in the best position to deliver projects that represent the best of all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment